Monday, June 29, 2009

A Fantastic Weekend



Well now that I am finally over the coughie coughies and getting use to this heat.....The Pug Is Back for blogging. I found that the best way for a pug to stay cool is to make friends with boat owners...or as my parents like to say "boaters". I am extremely found of the water and swim just as well if not better than my lab sister Ingie. However; because of safety reasons and I have a tendency to sink like a rock, and I have to wear my own life vest (please see pic's above). Once again this re-enforces that I am not a K9 but human. I wear a human life vest for up to a 30 pound human. Safety is ALWAYS first in my family!!!! We're a safety family!!!
So I had a wonderful weekend. Even though it has been 100+ outside. Gratefully we have tile floors that keep me nice and cool. Friday I spent the evening inside relaxing and gearing up for friends coming over to grill on Saturday. My parents are the coolest. They had a gift delivered to me and Ingie...TWINS! Wow twin boys are so awesome! It was very excited playing with the Spell twins. They like to throw the ball and pet me. I even got to watch them slipping and sliding on a big piece of plastic with water all over it. It looked like a nice way to keep cool but I am not sure what the fascination of running up and down a piece of plastic with water is. However; the twins were very entertained and I was allowed a tile cooling break. Twin boys have a lot of energy. My sister Ingie could keep up with them but I am not able to as much....with the heat, the allergies and (I am being honest here) I am just not very athletic. I do like to play ball but my mouth just cannot hold the big tennis balls. Anyways I like to sip on some scotch and mingle with my other guest. I am more of the "lets sit and mingle type of pug".
Ingie Ingie Ingie. She is SUCH as spaz!!! She knocked over one of the boys and did not even apologize. Poor sweet child...he was crying and all Ingie can do is grab the ball next to him and run off. She might have even stepped on him....She can be very rude at times. She just doesn't think. It is all about that instant gratification. She still has puppy in her so hopefully she will grow out of it. I am tired of being in trouble because of her mischievous antics. I love her but whoooo she is crazy crazy crazy!!!!
Other than my sister being a spaz Saturday turned out to be lots of fun. Dad mowed the lawn so the grass wouldn't tickle my tummy, I hung out with twins, I nibbled on everything that hit the floor and I was allowed to stay up late. Aunt Brandi, Uncle Sam and some other friends stayed up until around 430 am. I was pooped but it was a lot of fun watching Uncle Sam fall over. Aunt Brandi almost beat up some new guy that came over for pushing my Uncle Sam over. I was getting ready to have to go Pugals on him and go after his Achilles! Don't mess with my peeps...I WILL PUG YOU UP!
Sunday was nice and relaxing. Enjoyed movie time with friends and avoided the heat.
Thank You all who helped in my wonderful weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. Percy,
    You are a very entertaining pug! We enjoyed reading about your exciting weekend. We have been dealing with some terrible heat up here in Indiana too, but all Mommy and Daddy did for us was get a couple of kiddie pools! Gus is the only one silly enough to get in the pool!
    Pug hugs and kisses!
    The Pug Posse

    ReplyDelete